Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Today is happy day for me! I went to dinner at the new Hibachi grill in our town with some girlfriends last night. Yum and yay for us! I rarely get a chance to go anywhere with girlfriends. And I certainly don't often get to eat a meal with adults.

A meal with my crew is usually something like this...

In the car before we go into the restaurant we have "the conversation". This is a speech given by either parent about how we expect the kids to behave and the consequences of not obeying the rules.

As we are walking into the restaurant we are saying... "No, don't touch that. Stay with us; don't run off. You don't have to talk so loudly...etc."

After we are seated the instructions change to... "Sit down on your bottom in your seat. Don't get the silverware out and play drums with it, please. Don't start blowing bubbles in your milk cup."

The food comes..."That's enough ketchup/ranch/A-1. Eat your food; don't play with it. It is rude to take food from another person's plate."

Halfway through dinner...Random Child: "Mommy, I have to pee. Me: Can't you wait until we are finished, it will only be a few more minutes? R.C.: No, Mommy, I have to go now."

In the bathroom in the middle of dinner...Me-"Please hurry." Random child "Can't, I have to poop now." Seriously?!?!? It also takes ten minutes to wash hands.

Back at the table..."I am finished, can we go now? Hurry up, Mommy. I don't want my food, let's go home. Can we go to Wal-Mart and buy a toy?"

Me: "Check, please, and can I get a box for my food?"

So, yeah, girls night out was fabulous!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment