Thursday, September 2, 2010

Consider it Pure Joy

I have had such a busy couple of weeks. Ty started flag football, so between that and homework for two kids, I have had no time for anything. P90X is still going, slowly but surely. It kicks my behind, so I guess that's a good thing.

We are watching a movie with the teen class at church called To Save a Life and it is so thought provoking. I think the teens are as into it as I am, which is a relief. Everytime I pick a curriculum for them, I am afraid I am picking for myself and not weighing their wants into it. I think I picked a winner this time, though.

I learn so much from these kids. They are such an inspiration to me and I often feel guilty for it. I am sure it is supposed to be the other way around. The teacher should inspire the kid, right? But they are so open with sharing their faith and welcoming to all different kinds of kids at youth group. We should all take a lesson from them.

I have so many blessings and feel so undeserving of them. Today is just a James 1:2-4 day for me. When I feel like everything around me gets to be too much or too chaotic, I go to this verse. My very favorite!!!

Enjoy it and maybe it will help your day, too.

James 1:2-4
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Shew, that last part gets me everytime!! Not lacking anything, how good is my God!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment