Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall

Today is the perfect day.

It is cool and dreary, just like a good fall day should be. I am so ready for this time of year. I have a friend who hates this time of year. She thinks it represents everything dying. I think the opposite. I think it is like a shedding of old things to make way for the new things to come. Revelation 21:5 says "Behold, I make all things new." Bring it on!!

Sarah Jo turned 5 with as much fanfare as she could muster in her new "high heels" from her Nanny and the tutu from the party. :)

Tyler now has a mohawk and we painted the tips of it blue this morning and I am proud to say he walked into school so happy about it. He tends to be a follower so I am as tickled as I can be that he wasn't embarrassed about it. :)

It is time to start thinking about Christmas. What will Santa bring this year? How can I make this year more about Jesus and less about Santa? As a matter of fact, how can I make every day more about Jesus and less about, well, everything?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment